The Report takes into consideration lighting mainly for two healthcare macro segments and its main products: Hospitals (public and private) and Dental studies (usually private).
Specific segments analyzed include:
- Operating rooms, surgery
- Intensive care and examination rooms (including dental surgery lighting)
- Normal stay bedrooms
- Long-term care bedrooms. (Long-term care beds are hospital beds accommodating patients requiring long-term care due to chronic impairments and a reduced degree of independence in activities of daily living. They include beds in longterm care departments of general hospitals, beds for long-term care in specialty hospitals, and beds for palliative care).
- Common areas: Entrances and receptions, corridors, stairwells, lift lobbies
- Laboratories and pharmacies
- Emergency lighting (to provide light in the event of a main or local power supply failure)
- Outdoor lighting
- Lighting Controls (intelligent network-based lighting control solutions that incorporate communication between various system inputs and outputs related to lighting control with the use of one or more central computing devices. Lighting control systems serve to provide the right amount of light where and when it is needed).
The information provided in this report is based on desk analysis and field analysis. The desk analysis includes: statistical data collection from official sources (eg. Eurostat databases) and other sources (eg. associations, trade press); the review of other existing documentation (eg. press releases, web sources, studies relating to the lighting industry); the analysis of companies databases (eg. balance sheets).
The field analysis was carried on through 20 interviews with manufacturers and experts operating in the healthcare lighting industry.
Among the main drivers of the healthcare lighting market there are:
- Demographic changes (an Ageing population) together with growing demand for good health
- Healthcare facilities (from small clinics and doctor's offices to urgent care centers and large hospitals)
- Dentists, dental practices.
An analysis of the competitive system by country or groups of countries is also provided for the main players of the sector, with sales data, market share and short company profiles (50 among the major players analised in the Report hold over 90% of the Healthcare lighting market in Europe).