This is the 31st edition of “The European market for lighting fixtures” Report, issued by CSIL, Centre for Industrial Studies.
30 European countries are considered: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (Europe 17, formerly “Europe Part I”), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia (Europe 13, formerly “Europe Part II”).
The report is structured as follows:
- Chapter I Basic data offers an overview of the European lighting fixtures industry with data on production, consumption, and international trade, highlighting the two main market segments for lighting fixtures in Europe: residential/consumer lighting and professional lighting (commercial, industrial and outdoor).
- Chapter II Activity trend offers lighting fixtures basic data and the main macroeconomic indicators needed to analyse the performance of the sector by country for the last 6 years, together with forecasts for the next three years.
- Chapter III International trade provides detailed tables on lighting fixtures exports and imports in the 30 European Countries considered, by country and by geographical area of destination/origin.
- Chapter IV Market structure offers an analysis of the lighting fixtures market by segment (Residential-consumer, architectural-commercial, industrial, outdoor lighting), by types of products manufactured, by light sources used by the European lighting fixtures manufacturers and an overview on new technologies. Financials data for a sample of companies and data on employment and productivity in the lighting industry are also provided.
- Chapter V Distribution channels gives an overview of the main distribution channels active on the European lighting fixtures market (for both Residential-consumer and Professional segments) through tables showing the breakdown of lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel for most of the largest companies. A selection of architectural offices and lighting designers is also included
- Chapter VI and Chapter VII Sales by product and by country: major companies’ market shares analyse the competitive system offering an insight into the leading local and foreign players present in each segment and in each market via detailed tables showing data on lighting fixtures sales by product and by country of destination, percentage changes compared to the year before (where available), market shares.
This Report is the result of:
- information collected from approximately 200 companies active in the lighting business. The information was gathered either through active participation (direct replies to an interview or completion of a questionnaire) or through company balance sheets, figures and estimates;
- analysis of CSIL databases for lighting fixtures in Europe and worldwide;
- web scraping (localization of lighting retailers and other relevant trade outlets);
- investor relations and balance-sheets for around 80 companies;
- general documentation related to the lighting industry (Orbis, IP Patents, M&A info);
- official figures for foreign trade provided by Eurostat.